My email adress

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Spiritual Sunday


God Is No Stranger


God is no stranger in a far away place________

He is as close as the wind that blows' across my face.

It's true that I can't see the wind as it blows ,

But I feel it around me and my heart surely knows

That God's mighty hand can be felt every where,

For there is nothing on earth that is not in God's care.

The sky and the stars, the waves and the sea,

The dew on the grass, the leaves on a tree

Are constant reminders of God and His nearness

Proclaiming His presence with crystal-like clearness.

So how could I think God was so far far away

When I feel Him beside me every hour of the day?

And I have many reasons to know God's my friend,

And this is one friendship that time cannot end.


Helen Steiner Rice
Click on the spiritual Sundays button to the left and read many more uplifting post about our Lord. I want to thank Charlotte and Ginger for such a nice site.


Thank you for stopping by, I hope this has given you a sweet reminder of how close God is to all who seek Him. Until next time. Carol

6 comments:

  1. Helen Steiner Rice is one of my favorites. This is a good one that you selected for today. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful poem! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem with us today. I'm so glad you chose to join us for Spiritual Sundays.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I like your name. Carol is the name we gave our daughter when she was born almost 49 years ago.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder of the nearness of God.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful poem! Thank-you for being a part of Spiritual Sunday today.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete