My email adress

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ovarian Cancer Quilt

A couple of friends and myself are putting together a quilt for the Ovarian Cancer Clinic a friend of ours is having treatments at.
The ribbon color for ovarian cancer is teal green. So far we have picked several teal color fabrics. We also decided to use a tone on tone cream with a Damask pattern in the teal color. We will decide what to use for the back material when we are finished.
The quilt will be auctioned off. As of yet I don't know what the price of the tickets will be but I will tell you all about it as we get further along on it. I will keep you up dated as we make progress.
We would love it if you would leave a comment and let us know what you think of what we have picked so far.
I can't express enough the importance of your yearly exam. I have since learned and want to pass along for those of you who like me didn't realize but a pap test does not pick up ovarian cancer. You need to have a pelvic exam to start with. And some times it takes some other test to find it. As I talk about the quilt I will try and give you more information on ovarian cancer detection.
As those of you who have followed me on my Etsy site know I lost a dear friend to breast cancer last May. So I think it is so important that we as women learn and help each other out as we go through this life together.
Thank you for dropping by and hope to talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment