My email adress

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Flowers from my yard

These plant is on my back deck. It is in a wash tub that I painted aqua blue ,which is my accent color because my house is a pink brick. It is called Solomon Seal . My 93 year old aunt Anna Mary gave it to me from her garden, Her gardens are beautiful. She had it in the shade and it was leggy and not very pretty. She called it her ugly plant so I still laugh and sometimes call it my ugly plant. But as you can see all it needed was plenty of sun light. As with all plants it is important to keep checking to find out where the perfect spot is for it.
These 2 roses are on the east side of my house. They are in the ground. I have more but they were not blooming . The roses below these are on the west side of my house. They all are in pots. My husband likes the flowers better in pots. I have to agree they are so much easier to take care of.





















These 2 pictures are of my blue glazed pots with begonias. We pulled up the azaleas last fall and replaced them with these pots. I have Begonias in the summer and pansies in the fall and winter.This way I can have flowers across the front all year round. As you can see they go all the way across the front of the house. You can also see they are as tall as the steps.







these are some of the pots of Zinnias I have in my rock garden in the back yard.
Thank you for stopping by and until next time, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment